viernes, 13 de marzo de 2009

Bleeding to death


Darkness falls around me, swirling at my feet,
the shadows ask me questions, their secrets I must keep.
The coldness that I feel inside, keeps my body numb,
but for the thoughts of loneliness, nothing can be done.

In the fog surrounding me, all conscious thought is lost,
I can not tell what's real or not, my mind's a tangled knot.
I'm full of thoughts I can't retain, all I feel is guilt and shame,
I've begun to feel all hope is lost, someone stop the pain.

The wind blows on my tear stained face, calling out to me,
always it's reminding me of what I cannot be.
I try so hard from day to day, but I can't seem to find my way.
I can't control these thoughts that rise, the torment comes from deep inside.

My broken heart is shattered, a pain that knows no end,
the shards of glass they slice me through, I'm bleeding from within.
Confused and fearful every day, no one deserves to live this way.
Forgive me if I want to go, the pain's beyond all you know.

1 comentario:

marcsit dijo...

No es que lo haya echo por obligación ni mucho menos, pero ya he leído el poema y me ha gustado. Suelo ser ya bastante reticiente al tema melancólico-trágico-dramático-gótico-azuloscurosocasinegroso de los poemas semi románticos. Y la verdad a pesar de que yo suela escribir algo así, por así de decirlo. Me decanto más bien al surrealismo, al sinsentido y a la experimentación con las palabras. Pero me ha gustado. Por el ritmo, por la musicalidad. Podría cantarlo con "Solitary Shell", con "Black and white" e incluso con "Seasons end". Tiene ritmo musicalidad y palabras muy bellas en ingles "tear stainted face". Muy bien Leticia, muy bello. Sigue escribiendo es lo máximo que puedo decirte.